March 14, 2020
by Lori Shecter
Technology needed to work from home
As the Corona Virus continues the fever pitch across the world, there are a few that can successfully work from home, even if you’ve never done it before. As a web development company, we are spread across the world and are frequently remote from each other, and thus use tools in order to share documentation and meetings. But most importantly, you need to make sure, as best you can, that your clients get important information on how to reach you, meet with you, and get your products. This will not last forever! We will get through it. Yes, we need to be thinking outside the box, but MAYBE we can use the downtime for some good for you and others too!
We recommend the following:
- Your website is updated with your new hours and staffing
- If you have a store-front, make sure you have your website updated with new products — or products that you know consumers want. If you need a store in a hurry, try Shopify or BigCommerce. If you want a WordPress e-commerce store, talk to us. We can get you one in a few days.
- If you keep a mailing list, email your clients of any inventory updates
- If you offer services, see what services can be offered online such as counseling, art-classes, consulting, etc.
- If you’ve never had a Google My Business page, now is the time to do it. Post your new hours and your website.
- Other things you can take advantage of: Maybe a good time to review your marketing strategy, your website including content, SEO, and other marketing strategies.
Communicating with Staff
Some tools are free, some tools have a paid subscription. We hope this list can help you as your organization, company, and management continue on this wild ride.
Video and desktop conferencing:
Conference / Forwarding Phone Calls
- International Whats App
- Free Conference Call
- Phone Forwarding: If you have clients that you don’t want to have your personal mobile device Google Voice
- Google Hangouts
- Shindig – 1000+ Participants
- On – 24 Webinars
Project Management Tools: Allows everyone to see what people are working on. Some have free versions.
We hope this helps. We Are Immediate is impacted by all of our clients experiencing low volume and sales (and GEW WHIZ why isn’t Trader Joe’s a public company???). Anyway, as always, we strive to help you in any way we can. For immediate help, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 212-929-9980.
If you are a non-profit looking for new ideas to have virtual events, please CLICK HERE for some ideas for Virtual Fundraisers. As always, we are here to help you in any way that we can! Please contact us at email@example.com