February 20, 2017
by Lori Shecter
10 Tips for Non-Profit Website Design and Development
We Are Immediate specializes in non-profit website design and development because we know that by helping non-profits we are helping the communities they help. Our services include web design and development as well as print graphic design and video production. Our marketing services include: (CRM integration, search engine optimization, pay per click and social media.)
We believe our matching program helps all non-profits have the digital foundation they need to succeed. That means we provide up to 50% funding (when we can) for all non-profits that need our help.
No matter what size your non-profit is, the most important element for driving engagement, donations, registrations, and awareness, is an amazing digital presence. That comes from your non-profit website design and development. Even if you don’t have a large budget, your website should encompass certain basic elements– or you’ll be stuck in the ice age when it comes to digital growth.
After looking at 100’s of small and medium sized non-profits we found common issues that penalize them from getting traffic, attracting donors and great employees:
- Mobile Ready: It is super important that you have a responsive website because Google actually dings you if you don’t. Even if you don’t have the funds to have a completely new website, We Are Immediate can help you become responsive for a nominal cost.
- Clear Images: With all the free stock images available please make sure you have beautiful, high-resolution images. Two such places are Unsplash.com and Pixabay.com
- Intuitive navigation: users to your website should easily be able to find what your mission is, who you help, how to donate, and how to contact you.
- Case Studies: It is a really good idea if you can feature at least one project that you have demonstrated success.
- Strong and clearly defined mission: What you do and who you help.
- Integrate with payment gateways or payment software that enables users to donate online.
- Good social media presence: At the very least, you should have Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Linked In and YouTube.
- Clean homepage design: Your homepage should not overwhelm your user. Check out some of our non-profit websites in our portfolio to see what we mean.
Joint Animal Services
Youth Sexual Health
Swords to Plow Shares
- A great blog or news updates: This should be included as a part of your website. It will help you increase search engine optimization but also gives you a place to announce important news.
10. Just a great overall look and feel: That comes from having the combination of amazing user experience and graphic designer help you create the brand you want to portray to the world.
Even if you can’t afford to pay a professional web developer to create a website for you, there are several lower price subscription services that offer decent functionality, passable designs, and mobile ready websites.
If you would like a website review, (that includes non-profit website design and development, recommendations on strategies, digital marketing, SEO analysis), We Are Immediate provides a one-hour consultation to help you determine how a new or refreshed website can increase the success of your mission.
We Are Immediate is based in the heart of Manhattan and specializes in Non-Profit Website Design and Development. Contact us for help with your non-profit marketing and website needs. 212-929-9980.