Top tips to Improve your WordPress Website
Whether you are a commercial or a non-profit enterprise, these top tips can improve your WordPress website performance. In no order of importance, here they are:
SEO for WordPress
- Generate new content weekly or (more often.)
- Use Yoast Plugin to guide you with keywords and correct writing
- Enter Alt descriptions to your images
- Add Google Analytics
- Create Google Search Console
- Create a Site Map for the Search Console
- Optimize for all size devices (phone, tablet, desktop)
- Your homepage should have more graphics and less text Live Example
- Unique design to grab people’s attention
- Videos to tell your stories or testimonials Live Example
- No more than 7 Main navigation tabs
- Easily available add to cart, donate buttons, contact us, and other essential calls to action Live Example
- Professional and clean photography and other graphics
- Popup Call Out – for discounts, donations, messages, etc. (maybe — sometimes they annoy me) Live Example
- Newsletter subscription enticement (i.e. offers)
Increase donations: We use the Give-WP plugin
The Give-WP plugin is a great way for Non-profits to improve their WordPress websites. It is a very robust experience and integrates with CRM’s and Payment Gateways. It offers decent reports.
- Make a compelling donation page Live Example
- Demonstrate your impact through numbers and stories. Live Example
- Have videos of your clients (if you can)
- Make donating easy by integrating donation software to your website Live Example
- Donate button should be on many areas of your website
Increase Sales: Woo-Commerce is great for this
Woo-Commerce powers over 3.8 million websites around the world and there is a reason for that. Woo-Commerce is infinitely extensible and customizable to create any type of e-commerce website imaginable. Woo-Commerce is a great way to improve your WordPress website.
- Your product pages should be amazing and easy to read
- Have product reviews
- Checkout should be easy!
- Utilize a shopping cart abandonment plugin
- Offer multiple payment types — Credit card, PayPal, Apple Pay
Technology and Analytics
Improve your WordPress website performance by understanding what search engines see and how other people find your website.
- Update your plugins monthly
- Update your WordPress structure monthly
- Google Analytics is a must!
- Facebook Pixel
Admin Panels and Control
- People complain about how hard a WordPress website is to use, but that is because they are buying templates. We Are Immediate creates custom WordPress admin panels so that our clients have no problem learning and using their websites.
- WordPress web developer (AKA We Are Immediate) will train you to ensure you know exactly how to control your website.
We hope these top tips help you to improve your website. And, as always, we’d love to hear from you to help you with your digital marketing needs!