25 Things to Do When Social Media Goes Down
Frankly, I was happy that social media was down and many people that I talked to felt the same way! It made me realize 2 things:
- How much wasted time that I spend “catching up” (without even realizing that I do this for a break)
- Our reliance on social media for…well, just about everything.
Here’s a list of things you can do and should do in case of global failure again, but even if you don’t have global failure!
- Check your homepage and see if it has new and compelling content.
- Create new case studies, stories, videos.
- View your Google Analytics and see how your traffic is performing.
- Install FREE software like Mouseflow or Hotjar to see what issues your website might be having.
- Create a new blog post that is SEO friendly – mentioning your keyword 5 times.
- Make sure you have a great SEO plugin like YOAST which works with WordPress.
- Make a content plan for the next month. Check out a free tool like Trello to help you
- Check out your donation pages. Do they compel people to donate?
- Create all your social media posts for the next 5 days. Use Trello or Asana free versions to help you schedule.
- Ensure that your website reflects these posts in a news update.
- Plan a :30 or :60 Video series for the next month.
- Research cool posting tools like Onlypult.
- Research new design tools like Figma (free).
- Find cool photos to use on Unsplash, Pixabay, or Adobe Free Images.
- Investigate how to use YouTube or Vimeo more effectively to help your business or organization.
- Check out your Google business page and see how many reviews you get. Make sure you HAVE a Google business page
- Evaluate your Linked-In business Profile
- Post stories to Linked-In
Other Marketing Tools
- Update your mailing list
- Investigate Apollo.IO to see how you can grow your email list
- See if your “signup to our mailing list” is doing well
- Test new email software (like Yesware) – which is what I use
- Check out Double the Donation which has a free trial and is pretty awesome!
- Create a new and exciting donation campaign that will last the whole year – not just a one-off!
- Ask your team your donation software is working well for them.
- Get some more ideas by reading this post!
What did I do on my “day” off?
I don’t really remember because it was two days ago and at the moment, I barely remember what I had for breakfast. I do know that it was a RELIEF to not feel like I HAD to be doing something on social media. Which felt really, really good.