Increasing traffic to your non-profit website!
Increasing traffic to your non-profit website has never been easier, thanks to the fact that we all have access to social media.
Ok, it’s not so easy and you can’t be camera-shy. But seriously, we are all somewhat addicted to social media anyway, so why not put it to good use for your organization? The answer to increasing traffic to your non-profit website is…Instagram stories! You might think you have nothing to talk about in stories but these ideas will help you get started.
Topics and Ideas for Non-Profit Instagram Stories
- Share stories of people your organization has helped- This is the strongest and most powerful way to get people interested and engaged in your organization. Here is a recent video example that We Are Immediate created for Flatbush Development Corp.
- Introduce your staff and why they love your organization. Here is an example of Riverstone Senior Life Services’ amazing staff
- Showcase an event – live or recorded. Click Here for an example from Ditmas Park Day in Brooklyn.
- Talk about the POWER and IMPACT of your organization. Click Here to see the wonderful work of the NYSTEC corporation.
- Ask people who have been impacted by your organization to create content. Click Here to see an example of a family member’s testimonial.
- Showcase volunteer opportunities and how people can get involved.
- Feature a volunteer of the month.
- Post Before and After photos of your work. Nothing is so clear as this before and after land redevelopment project from CCLR.
- Share quotes from people who have been helped by your organization
- Explainer stories about what your organization does, how you help, and how they can help, like this video from Education Writers Association.
Get the word out there!
You can’t just write a blog post and expect it to be read because your search engine is so amazing. You need to promote the heck out of it. You need to:
- Post on all social media outlets that you manage (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, and Pinterest)
- Add the link to all your email marketing. We use YESWARE, not MailChimp or Constant Contact because open rates are much higher.
- Make sure your website is SEO-friendly. For WordPress websites, we use the Yoast plugin, which tells you everything you need to do to ensure that your content is recognized by Google.
- We also go to the Google Search console and plug the new URL in to get it more quickly indexed by Google.
- Considering doing a $5 bump on your social media to get increased engagement.
Try one of these things and let me know if it works for you!
View all video Ideas
Impact Story: FDC Online
Ditmas Park Day
Before and After
What We Do and How We Help from EWA